[lsb-discuss] In the "new" world

chrubis at suse.cz chrubis at suse.cz
Tue Apr 1 10:33:32 UTC 2014

Hi!
> For example I don't think we want to create a problem statement and a
> solution etc. for every interface that is in the LSB today. If we did
> that we'd just recreate the specification in a different form. I do not
> consider that worth our while. On the other hand we have all these tests
> that could definitely be valuable to distributions and upstream. Thus,
> in these cases I was thinking that we could potentially invent a
> mechanized way to pull out the tet stuff and create stand alone tests.
> We could then just add these stand alone tests to the repo. This I think
> is a worthwhile exercise if we can script it.

This may not be best idea but here it is. I do maintain Linux Test
Project that starts to get more attention lately and is actively used
for QA testing for several major distributions.

So if there are tests that would match the purpose of LTP and if the
tests were isolated to run separately we may add them to LTP too. Some
more work would be needed to make this happen. However if the tests
would be included in LTP they will get into QA deparments in next LTP
release and will be executed as a part of the distribution QA process.

--
Cyril Hrubis
chrubis at suse.cz