[lsb-discuss] unofficial LSB conference call minutes for 23 Apr 2014, post Collab 'New LSB' wiki point in time drop

Jeff Licquia licquia at linuxfoundation.org
Fri Apr 25 02:56:59 UTC 2014

On 04/24/2014 06:52 AM, chrubis at suse.cz wrote:
> LTP is more testcase centric, all of the testcases are just executable
> files (either binary or shell) the testcase output is printed to stdout
> by default, test overall result is propagated via exit value, etc. To
> compile a testcase there is no need to install anything besides basic C
> devel libraries and testcases can be easily tweaked, recompiled and
> executed directly from git checkout. A few of them needs to add PWD to
> PATH in order to run subexecutables and some works with block device
> that needs to be prepared beforehand and passed in parameters but that
> is all it takes to execute the testcase.

This sounds very close to what we're thinking of doing for the "new" LSB
test suites, so it sounds like LTP may be interesting to us.

That said, I'm also concerned about the other end of what Mats was
describing--the part where you run lots of tests at once, with nice
tools for managing the results, formatting, and so on--and it sounds
like LTP may have some deficiencies there.

Time is always an issue, but if we can cooperate on making that latter
bit work better for both of us, I'm interested.

--
Jeff Licquia
The Linux Foundation
licquia at linuxfoundation.org

Linux Foundation Events Schedule:  events.linuxfoundation.org