[lsb-discuss] Ok im confused .... (LSB Certification of distro)

Gregory H. Nietsky gregory at distrotech.co.za
Mon Feb 3 11:29:30 UTC 2014

Seems my kung fu is weak ...

im completely stumped ive built a linux distro from scratch git
repository -> RPM/YUM.

https://github.com/Distrotech

this is quite simple compared to getting LSB too work.

1)lsb_release source code on SF is marked deprecated and links to
linuxbase but i cant find the source anywhere on linuxbase. (i proceeded
with the old source)
2)distro check barfs requiring the lsb rpm i do not have a lsb package
at all trying to fake it by creating one with lsb_release is not
sufficient but does allow it to fire up and start the tests then fails
in most spectacular way.

my question is simple where is the source luke ....

i would love to build and create a lsb package and proceed with the
processes been told to "install vendor supplied" is not possible as it
is not based on nor am i able to use 3d party binaries (other than
inital bootstraping) [sure its a rule i made but its my party i make the
rules].

the linuxbase website has my head spinning even going through the bzr i
could not find the required bits if you could help it will be most
appreciated.

Greg

dangerous content by Distrotech Solutions,
it is believed to be clean.

http://www.distrotech.co.za