[lsb-discuss] Strange include bug /opt/lsb/include/c++/backward not working

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Thu Feb 6 13:48:30 UTC 2014

On 02/06/2014 06:21 AM, Klug, Stefan wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I have a rather strange bug, where /opt/lsb/include/c++/backward is not correctly added to the system include paths.
> I'm on Ubuntu 13.10, gcc 4.8.1, lsb sdk 4.1.7-1.x86_64
>
> To reproduce the bug, simply execute the following:
> touch test.cpp
> lsbc++ -v --lsb-verbose test.cpp
>
> I've added the output of this command to the bottom of the email. The interesting this is the message:
> ignoring nonexistent directory " /opt/lsb/include/c++/backward"
> Note the space at the beginning of the path name. I've no idea how this space made its way into the pathname, but it prevents gcc from adding the path to the system includes.
>
> Can anyone confirm this bug?

> ignoring nonexistent directory " /opt/lsb/include/c++/backward"

sheesh, it's just been a couple of bad weeks for poor lsbcc :)

yes, I see the same output, and it makes no sense at all, since the path
looks fine in the verbose line.

however, I don't like how this argument is being added, and "fixing" it
to look like how the main C++ path is added makes the complaint go away
(also don't quite know why yet).  Would you be able to put your report
into a bug?  bugs.linuxbase.org