[lsb-discuss] GSoC 2014

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Thu Feb 6 16:33:06 UTC 2014

On 02/06/2014 09:24 AM, Till Kamppeter wrote:
> On 06.02.2014 10:04, Denis Silakov wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I can see that a page for GSoC 2014 has been already created at LF wiki
>> -
>> https://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/gsoc/google-summer-code-2014
>>

>> Is LSB going to take part in GSoC this year? I think I can suggest one
>> idea to be implemented, but not sure yet. Maybe somebody else has some
>> suggestions on possible topics?
>>

> The GSoC ideas page for LSB is up:
>
> https://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/gsoc/2014-gsoc-lsb-projects
>
> https://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/gsoc/google-summer-code-2014
>

> Please post your ideas well before the organization application deadline
> on Feb 14.

there are a ton of things that would be useful to have done.  however,
I'm not smart enough to see ones that work well as student projects,
which should be self-contained with an appropriately short potential
scope, and not just gruntwork (like "refactor foo because it's ugly").

so I think opening a discussion here is a good thing - and there's not
really much time to be "well before" Feb 14 when it's already Feb 6.!