[lsb-discuss] unofficial LSB conference call minutes for 15 Jan 2014

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Wed Jan 15 18:11:40 UTC 2014

LSB teleconference

Wednesday, 15 Jan 2014 @11:00 to noon, US ET

Where:	(605) 715-4920 Access Code: 512468

Gobby:	gobby -j lsb-temp.pmman.net:6522 with passwd: LSB

IRC channels are:
	#lsb-meeting at freenode.net during meetings
	#lsb at freenode.net most other times

Attendees:
in the form : name (organization)  [irc_nick]
Jeff Licquia (LF)  licquia
Russ Herrold (Owl River)  orc_emac
Mats Wichmann (LSB)  mwichmann (via gobby early on)
Mats Wichmann (LSB)  mwichmann live and in person at 11:27
Rick Troth (Velocity Software) rickt
Toshio Kuratomi (Fedora Project) abadger1999
Kay Tate (SuSE, ret.)  ktate --
	ne we ma il is: ka ya ta te gm ai lc om
Jeff Johnson (Open Mandriva)

Regrets
========
Robert Schweikert (SuSE)  robjo

Posted Agenda:
=================
 - LSB 5.0 beta 2 status.
 - Items on the LSB 5.0 agenda that will need to be postponed.
 - LSB "next": too soon to talk about?  Yearly release
schedule?

Note: Dependency tree for LSB 5.0 release:
http://lsbbugs.linuxfoundation.org/showdependencytree.cgi?id=3164&hide_resolved=1

New business:
=============

Meeting opens at 11:00 with:

Beta 2 .. other arch build slaves being dialed up in support
of this here, so we cover all arches.  The power damaged x86_64 build
slave at Jeff L's residence has been replaced after a unit was
killed off due to power infirmities

VCS forks done for 5.0 content which were forked off the 4.1
updates.  The latest binaries hot off the builders end up at
either: /pub/lsb/snapshot/ or /pub/lsb/staging

For reference on the "VM and Linux Workshop",
see the URL http://www.vmworkshop.org/
Understand that this is traditionally S/390 centric, but
"fun".

FOSDEM 2014 presentation -- Russ will not be able to attend,
but Jeff J is (hopefully) able to cover

Feature based release of 5 has not worked as well as hoped --
we have cut back a lot since the 'road-mapping' two years ago
for what 5 will look like.  We are so resource constrained
that that the vision there was not attainable

Release cadence: Jeff L raises time based again; Russ asks
that be taken to the mailing list.  ARM lsb also had some
action this week -- Debian in arm-32, RHT in the arm-64 camp.
The 'omit all the desktop stuff' modularization has not
progressed as far as we had hoped for LSB 5

31 bit, 32 but, and 64 bit is a discussion that needs to be
carried forward to the mailing list, it seems.  Real
performance numbers are always welcomed, as are non-encumbered
[FOSS license wise] test harnesses

Call ends at 11:50

Weekly Bug triage:
==================
The bug tracker is at:
   https://lsbbugs.linuxfoundation.org/
(A former bug tracker was used, but is not longer active at:
    https://bugs.linuxfoundation.org/
for people doing research.  Please do not use it for new
filings)

Bug triage occurs weekly: irc-only #lsb-meeting at
freenode.net
*** FRIDAY* ** at 10:00 Eastern

Bugzilla stats as of 15 Jan 2014:
LSB Bugs: 583 open (583 last week), 581 assigned, 2 new
New last 90 days: 21, last 30: 5; closed last 90: 17, last 30:
13
Changed this week: 6, last week: 22
Bugs that are assigned but have no milestone: 237, Rollup
bugs: 21

FHS Bugs: 65 open, 37 assigned, 27 new, 1 reopened

last week's bug triage minutes:
http://www.linuxbase.org/irc/meetbot/lsb-meeting/2014/lsb-meeting.2014-01-10-15.00.html
text:
http://www.linuxbase.org/irc/meetbot/lsb-meeting/2014/lsb-meeting.2014-01-10-15.00.txt