[lsb-discuss] Linux Application Checker: FHS violation and RPMTAG_PROVIDENAME count mismatch

Denis Silakov dsilakov at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 07:41:09 UTC 2014

On 01/24/2014 10:31 AM, Andrey Makhalkin wrote:
> I have managed to get rid of FHS conformance errors by changing
> directory name in /opt to "samsung-spl", which is the RPM package name.
>
> However, the issue with multiple RPMTAG_PROVIDENAME remains. I have
> tried to build rpm package in Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS, OpenSuSE.
If I look at the "Table 22-12. Package Dependency Tag Values" here:

http://refspecs.linuxfoundation.org/LSB_4.1.0/LSB-Core-generic/LSB-Core-generic/pkgformat.html#AEN39174

I can see that "Count" for RPMTAG_PROVIDENAME is explicitly set to 1;
likely this means that developers of the packaging specification
restricted the number of Provides tags to 1? Will the tests pass if you
leave only one Provides, just for experiment?

--
Regards,
Denis.