[lsb-discuss] Why python was chosen as a part of LSB?

Jeff Licquia licquia at linuxfoundation.org
Thu Jun 19 19:42:37 UTC 2014

On 06/18/2014 10:41 AM, Net Kgk wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 6:37 PM, Jeff Licquia
> <licquia at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
>>> Perl is popular.
>>
>> And is a part of the LSB, added at the same time as Python.
> I didn't count Perl intentionally, as in general it is not used for
> new projects and is not considered as a 'modern'.

Except that you did count Perl, intentionally, as my quote above shows,
and now you're changing your story.

Sorry, but this is my exit from this conversation.  I'm not interested
in arguing for the sake of arguing.  I've laid out what our requirements
are; if you're really interested in getting Ruby or JavaScript or
whatever into the LSB, you know what to do.

--
Jeff Licquia
The Linux Foundation
licquia at linuxfoundation.org

Linux Foundation Events Schedule:  events.linuxfoundation.org