[lsb-discuss] [GSoC] Student - Want to work on "Formalization and Checking of Correct Usage of Kernel Core API"

Alexander Mezin mezin.alexander at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 09:48:51 UTC 2014

Hi.

I am student and I want to participate in Google Summer of Code this year.

I like the idea "Formalization and Checking of Correct Usage of Kernel
Core API".

Recently I started contributing patches to Linux. Sadly, I didn't hear
about LDV before, but I'll surely check it out soon. I think it could
be used not only for finding problems in existing code. Patches can't
be reviewed immediately, and every tool that could check code before
sending it to review could significantly speed up development.

Something about me:
Currently I am student in Omsk State University, Computer Science
depart, pursuing Master's degree.
Got Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and Engineering in
Novosibirsk State University.
I don't have much experience in kernel development (currently, only
one my small patch is accepted), but I can learn new things relatively
fast. At least, I think so :) Kernel development
I've successfully completed GSoC previous year. My project "Touchpad
KCM" [1] for KDE is now included in Arch Linux, and will be installed
by default in Kubuntu 14.04.
I have some theoretical knowledge in AOP, however, I didn't do any
real project using it.
Also, I have github account: https://github.com/sanya-m/

[1]: https://projects.kde.org/projects/playground/utils/kcm-touchpad/