[lsb-discuss] [GSoC] Student - Want to work on "Formalization and Checking of Correct Usage of Kernel Core API"

Alexey Khoroshilov khoroshilov at ispras.ru
Sun Mar 9 22:38:15 UTC 2014

Hi, Alexander!

Thank you for your interest.

I would recommend you some additional information about various details
of LDV project in Russian:
[1] E.M. Novikov. Building Programming Interface Specifications in the
Open System of Componentwise Verification of the Linux Kernel. pp.
293-316. -
http://ispras.ru/ru/proceedings/archives/isp_24_2013/isp_24_2013_293_eng.php
[2] A.V. Khoroshilov, V.S. Mutilin, E.M. Novikov, P.E. Shved, A.V.
Strakh. Linux Driver Verification Architecture. pp. 163-187. -
http://ispras.ru/ru/proceedings/archives/isp_20_2011/isp_20_2011_163_eng.php
[3] Mutilin V.S., Novikov E.M., Khoroshilov A.V. Analysis of typical
faults in Linux operating system drivers. pp. 349-374. -
http://ispras.ru/ru/proceedings/archives/isp_22_2012/isp_22_2012_349_eng.php
[4] Khoroshilov A.V., Mandrykin M.U., Mutilin V.S. Introduction to CEGAR
— Counter-Example Guided Abstraction Refinement. pp. 219-292. -
http://ispras.ru/ru/proceedings/archives/isp_24_2013/isp_24_2013_219_eng.php

Examples of rules formalizing correct usage of kernel core API you can
find here:
https://forge.ispras.ru/git/kernel-rules.git
and some descriptions here:
http://forge.ispras.ru/projects/ldv-rules/issues?query_id=48

Feel free to contact us if any questions.

Best regards,
Alexey Khoroshilov,
Linux Verification Center, ISPRAS