[lsb-discuss] Old LSB SDK releases?

Jeff Licquia licquia at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Mar 12 20:19:02 UTC 2014

On 03/11/2014 08:44 PM, Gregory Fong wrote:
> Thanks Mats.  It looks like the RPMs are there, which is workable, but
> it would be nice if the old bundles were available... it looks like
> the most recent version of the lsb-sdk bundle posted on the linuxbase
> ftp site is 4.1.5.
>
> Why doesn't the linuxfoundation ftp site keep the old versions?

They tend to take up a lot of space.  I've had to delete old bundles
from the archives before to allow the ability to do new releases.

So, we prioritize how we keep old stuff.  We have a much more complete
archive of the RPMs themselves.

One thought: we could publish the manifests for older releases in lieu
of keeping the archives themselves, which would make it easier for
people to recreate an old release.  What do you think?
--
Jeff Licquia
The Linux Foundation
licquia at linuxfoundation.org

Linux Foundation Events Schedule:  events.linuxfoundation.org