[lsb-discuss] Don't blame LSB and standards, please: was: Re: Fedora Plasma Product, feedback please

Jeff Licquia licquia at linuxfoundation.org
Mon Mar 31 18:23:48 UTC 2014

On 03/31/2014 01:21 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> As far as I know only two either by using rpm or by using lsbinstall (
> which has it's own set of problems ) and it's bit odd is it not, for
> standard to be providing it's own installer let alone be providing two
> options when that said standards sole existence is to eliminate
> fragmentation ( so it should either be providing only one method of
> doing things or none at all ).

Well, I'm willing to be corrected.  Can you point to the place in the
spec where this restriction is documented?  I'll file a bug right away
to make sure this is fixed for our impending release.

> Here's a concrete slab on top of my head head LSB could try to to follow
> , to restore faith in LSB as in ....

Thanks for your feedback.  I'll point out that we do many of those
things already, although obviously not to the extent that you noticed,
so that could be improved.

--
Jeff Licquia
The Linux Foundation
licquia at linuxfoundation.org

Linux Foundation Events Schedule:  events.linuxfoundation.org