[lsb-discuss] Don't blame LSB and standards, please: was: Re: Fedora Plasma Product, feedback please

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 20:34:14 UTC 2014

On 03/31/2014 07:04 PM, Mats Wichmann wrote:
>  From my perspective, indeed we did all of these to considerable extent
> in the past. Reduced resourcing in the project has unfortunately cut
> into "LSB people" to be able to spend active time on those, but there
> was also an effect of diminishing returns that naturally caused it to
> scale back.  You can reach out, you can offer, but you can't force...

In the end of the day we as an open source community need to start
moving away from discussion more into form of dialog to be able to
standardize and solving many of the problem we are faced with and one
thing I have noticed people seem to be move unconsciously from
discussion into dialog's in a relaxed environment so if it was up to me
( which it is not ) I would design the role of the "LSB people" to be
more of the responsible party getting the right people together which is
affected upstream of the relevant section of the standard being created
in a relaxed environment ( pub, open bbq or something ) and get the
discussion flowing while consulting/listening/noting down/formulate the
standard based on what comes out from that discussion as opposed to
bring to the table either existing outdated standard needing improvement
or a proposal for a complete new one.

JBG