[lsb-discuss] Don't blame LSB and standards, please: was: Re: Fedora Plasma Product, feedback please

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 21:57:04 UTC 2014

On 03/31/2014 08:53 PM, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> I think it might be helpful if you were really explicit about*which*
> problem you are trying to solve here.

The problem I'm trying to solve is unification across distributions and
applications which I though was clear and I thought this standard was
supposed to be solving but given that you ask me how to convince
application developers of the benefits of standardization for a standard
that has existed what close to 13+ years and you yourself has been a
part of all these years as well as the point I was trying to make by
moving away from "discussion" which is an word that shares its root
meaning with "percussion" and "concussion," both of which involve
breaking things up eventually leading up to having one's opinion prevail
over another which can easily be settled here and now by simply saying
you are right which should satisfy what the thought of self seeks which
is the driving force behind discussion, to a conversation in a form of
dialog I realize this is not the venue for such effort to take place and
we probably put different meaning in that standard and what said
standard is supposed to solve as well.

Anyway I proposed a method for the "LSB people" to restore faith in the
standard which is the first step as in getting people to follow said
standards ( no matter how good standards are, they are useless of no one
is following them).

Whether you choose to follow my advice's and approaches or disregard it
based upon you own working on standard experience which is far greater
then I have and continue to use existing approaches and expect bug
reports for it's short comings, treating standardization like a
development process is entirely up to you.

JBG