[lsb-discuss] unofficial LSB conference call minutes for 28 May 2014

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Wed May 28 16:39:48 UTC 2014

LSB teleconference

Wednesday, 28 May 2014 @11:00 to noon, US ET

Where:	(605) 715-4920 Access Code: 512468

Gobby:	gobby -j lsb-temp.pmman.net:6522 with passwd: LSB

IRC channels are:
	#lsb-meeting at freenode.net during meetings
	#lsb at freenode.net most other times

Attendees:
in the form : name (organization)  [irc_nick]
Jeff Licquia (LF)  licquia
Russ Herrold (Owl River)  orc_emac
Kay Tate (LSB)  ktate
Jeff Johnson (Open Mandriva)

Regrets
========
Rick Troth (Velocity Software) rickt
Mats Wichmann (LSB)  mwichmann
Robert Schweikert (SuSE)  robjo

Posted Agenda:
=================
 - LSB 5.0: progress!  Any conclusions on GTK+ 3 list?

 - "New LSB": new potential topic.

New business:
=============

Meeting opens at 11:00 with:

Jeff L mentions that his header parser is emitting results.
Russ asks that Jeff post a link to the test dataset, and the
analytic scripts into 'git' so we can 'fan out' working this
issue.

In other news, Jeff L notes that some certification request
have come in

Kay asks about LinuxCon; Jeff L has a conflict with a child
starting college, but we need to move forward.  Russ notes: we
have blocked on the closest task in front of us.  Kay says: we
still need to offer a communication plan and LinuxCon is the
next major event.  Jeff J runs through time based vs feature
based releasing, and asks: is GTK so critical that it MUST be
included, or can be placed to one side as we simply cannot get
it to stabilize.

Jeff L aware he needs to push out a response on RPM matters
per the call two weeks ago.

Jeff L points out a kernel device tree problem -- they seem to
'live' all over the filesystem.  See:

http://lists.linaro.org/pipermail/cross-distro/2014-May/000685.html

Discussion of workflow by Kay -- she updated a set of SVG
sources, that crank through and emit a PDF.  JBJ mentions his
good experiences with Launchpad (which is BZR friendly)

Russ proposes voice Friday in tandem with IRC for the bug
triage meeting

Call ends at local Noon

Weekly Bug triage:
==================
The bug tracker is at:
   https://lsbbugs.linuxfoundation.org/
(A former bug tracker was used, but is not longer active at:
    https://bugs.linuxfoundation.org/
for people doing research.  Please do not use it for new
filings)

Bug triage occurs weekly: irc-only #lsb-meeting at
freenode.net
*** FRIDAY* ** at 10:00 Eastern

Bugzilla (lsbbugs) stats as of DD MMM 2014: FIXME
615 open, 615 open last week
613 assigned, 1 new, 1 reopened, 1 needinfo, 1 pleasetest
New last 90 days: 51, last 30: 15; closed last 90: 25, last
30: 12
Changed this week: 8, last week:7
Bugs that are assigned but have no milestone: 154
Rollup bugs: 25

Bug (bugs) stats:
62 open FHS
62 assigned, 0 new, 0 reopened, 0 needinfo, 0 pleasetest

last week's bug triage minutes:

Minutes:
http://www.linuxbase.org/irc/meetbot/lsb-meeting/2014/lsb-meeting.2014-05-23-14.00
.html
Minutes (text):
http://www.linuxbase.org/irc/meetbot/lsb-meeting/2014/lsb-meeting.2014-05-23-14.00.txt
Log:
http://www.linuxbase.org/irc/meetbot/lsb-meeting/2014/lsb-meeting.2014-05-23-14.00
.log.html

How to get involved:
 - 'star', 'watch' and join with merge proposals our Github
presence (free)
   https://github.com/LinuxStandardBase
 - register for a bugzilla account (free)
   https://lsbbugs.linuxfoundation.org/
 - watch, review, test and comment on the commits crossing the
RO mailing list:

 - join and lurk in the IRC channels
 - dial into the weekly call and participate
 - join in the edit of the weekly minutes in the gobby
   Free gobby clients available at:
http://gobby.0x539.de/trac/
 - join bug triage and resolution
 - file and fix bugs
 - document matter in the wiki
   https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/en/LSB
   (requires LF web account to edit, free)
 - set up and run a puppet build master and build slave
continuous integration tester
   https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/en/LSB_Puppet
 - Read about editting the specification
   https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/en/SpecNewbieGuide