[lsb-discuss] LSB Complianced yocto toolchain

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Mon Oct 6 13:37:14 UTC 2014

On 09/29/14 05:53, Ravi Ranjan Chobey wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have made LSB compliance Toolchain using Yocto.
> The procedure is mentioned in:
> https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/LSB_Result
>
> I have extracted the "libstdcpp_4.1.0" from linux-dist-testkit and I am getting
> A "run_test" script, I am able to run "run_test" script and I am able to
> See that nearly 90% of testcases are passing and 10 % are untested test cases.
> After doing some googling, I came know that, the run_test script is using "lsbcc"
> In background to generated those results.
>
> Now I am following another link to use the Toolchain build using Yocto distribution and
> I am using the below mentioned command for that:
>
> /doc/lsb-test-libstdcpp-4.1.0/build_binary_testsuite /home/ravi/lsb-dist-testkit/opt/lsb/test/libstdcpp_4.1.0 i586-windriver-linux-g++
> (I have installed qmtest-2.4 version and exported LD_LIBRARY_PATH), but getting the below mentioned errors:
>
> [ravi at d-8396 test]$ ./../doc/lsb-test-libstdcpp-4.1.0/build_binary_testsuite /home/ravi/lsb-dist-testkit/opt/lsb/test/libstdcpp_4.1.0 i586-windriver-linux-g++
> 'import site' failed; use -v for traceback
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./../doc/lsb-test-libstdcpp-4.1.0/build_binary_testsuite", line 23, in ?
>     import os
> ImportError: No module named os
>
> Please provide your inputs and let me know if I am missing anything.
>
> Regards,
> Ravi

I'm not seeing that anyone responded to you, sorry about that.

What are you trying to do?  You should not be rebuilding the C++
testsuite for compliance testing, unless you feel you need to do that
only for the purposes of debugging.

the "import os" message comes from python. The jig wrapping around the
lsb-test-libstdcpp test suite is written in python - it is called
qmtest. I've never seen a Python installation that does not have the os
module available (it is a mandatory part of the language, not a option),
but that seems to be the complaint here.