[lsb-discuss] State of LSB

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Sat Oct 18 10:34:33 UTC 2014

On 10/15/14 13:31, Rob Conde wrote:
> I am looking into targeting LSB for an application, but based on various documents and resources I've found I'm a bit confused about the state. For example, the Sample Implementation and lsb-buildenv appear to be gone but the documentation isn't clear about that change (most documents still reference these things)...is the idea to only use lsbcc and lsbc++ going forward? Is LSB still a recommended approach, or has it been supplanted by something else?
>

> Thanks for your input,

I sent an answer a couple of days ago but apparently it didn't go out.

The si faded away due to disuse - there just weren't resources to
maintain it in light of that.

The SDK (lsbcc) should work pretty well for producing an app, and we can
give you tips here as needed.  LSB itself isn't so much of a priority in
the linux space any longer, seems people are trying other approaches for
apps (docker, software collections, you name it).

Perhaps if you let us know what you're trying to accomplish we can
provide further suggestions?