[lsb-discuss] LSB 5.0 Release Candidate 1

Dallman, John john.dallman at siemens.com
Wed Oct 29 15:31:04 UTC 2014

Rob Conde wrote:

> What can be done in updating the C++ headers delivered?
> What are the constraints and challenges there?

I'm also quite interested in this, although I have some more specific questions:

Does this work with GCC 4.8.x in C++98 mode? How about C++11 mode?

The group I work for produces libraries for binary distribution. Some have C APIs, some have C++ APIs. So far, our LSB 3.1-compliant builds (which obviously don't use C++11 at all) work fine with applications compiled using GCC 4.8 in C++11 mode. But we'd like to be able to move up to using C++11 within our libraries, and in our C++ APIs.

thanks,

--
John Dallman