[lsb-discuss] LSB 5.0 Release Candidate 1

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 15:40:06 UTC 2014

Jeff Licquia wrote:
> I'm happy to announce LSB 5.0 Release Candidate 1.
>
> The specification for LSB 5.0 and FHS 3.0 (included as part of the LSB
> release) can be found here:
>
> http://www.linuxbase.org/betaspecs/
>
> Downloads for the release candidate tests and SDK can be found here:
>
> http://ftp.linuxfoundation.org/pub/lsb/bundles/beta/
>
> Preliminary release notes can be found here:
>
> https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/en/ReleaseNotes50
>
> Please test these releases, and provide feedback to this list, to the
> LSB bug tracker (http://lsbbugs.linuxfoundation.org), or to the #lsb
> channel on FreeNode's IRC network.

Looking at the website beginning of the FHS, there is no indication that
it is a new beta version the copyright date is still 2004 and the date
of the document is January 28 2004.

I can't find a change log or summary of changes either other than the
separate ReleaseNotes50 and that doesn't say anything about FHS changes.

I do see that /run has been added, but what else in the FHS has changed?

I do appreciate that the text version is now readable.

   -- Bruce