[lsb-discuss] LSB 5.0 Release Candidate 1

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Wed Oct 29 15:49:07 UTC 2014

On 10/29/14 09:40, Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> Looking at the website beginning of the FHS, there is no indication that
> it is a new beta version the copyright date is still 2004 and the date
> of the document is January 28 2004.
>
> I can't find a change log or summary of changes either other than the
> separate ReleaseNotes50 and that doesn't say anything about FHS changes.
>
> I do see that /run has been added, but what else in the FHS has changed?
>
> I do appreciate that the text version is now readable.

I'm not sure if you were looking here:

http://linuxbase.org/betaspecs/fhs/

but it does indeed look broken as you describe - the old intro section
seems to be unchanged, and there's not even a version number embedded in
the new spec.  something got "lost in translation" here it seems...
we'll have a look.