[lsb-discuss] State of LSB

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Wed Oct 29 17:35:16 UTC 2014

On 10/18/14 09:40, Rob Conde wrote:
> Ok - my assumption about old headers was wrong re: eigen compile errors. This is due to the lack of alloca support in lsb:

yes, alloca left out of LSB as we normally have steered clear of things
that come with these types of warnings - alloca linux manpage:

NOTES
       The  alloca()  function  is machine- and compiler-dependent.  For
certain applications, its use
       can improve efficiency compared to the use of malloc(3) plus
free(3).  In certain cases, it can
       also simplify memory deallocation in applications that use
longjmp(3) or siglongjmp(3).  Other‐
       wise, its use is discouraged.

LSB particularly at one time wanted to not mandate gcc, and indeed there
was some icc work done at one time.  Possibly that was a misguided
attitude in retrospect, but so it was...