[lsb-discuss] decision making process?

Robert Schweikert rjschwei at suse.com
Mon Sep 8 13:27:10 UTC 2014

On 09/05/2014 04:29 AM, Ludwig Nussel wrote:
> Robert Schweikert schrieb:
>> On 08/29/2014 02:25 AM, Ludwig Nussel wrote:
>>> There's this proposal from May:
>>> https://github.com/LinuxStandardBase/lsb/blob/master/documents/wip/userNaming.txt

but no progress so far. What is the process to get this
>>> finalized?
>>
>> Basically I am the stick in the mud at this point, sorry. There
>> was an initial round of comment solicitation and those comments
>> need to be digested w.r.t the current proposal. Changes applied
>> if needed.
>>
>> After that is done the complete proposal should be solicited with
>> the major distributions for comment (Debian, Fedora, openSUSE,
>> Ubuntu).
>>
>> At this point I am the stick in the mud as I have had no time to
>> digest the comments, but if you or anyone else has the time to
>> go through the comments we received and make changes if needed
>> that would be a big help. Otherwise I am afraid that this is
>> going to sit in my corner at least until mid October.
>
> Where can I find those comments?

One is here:

http://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/lsb-discuss/2014-May/007971.html

and I just realized that the second response was only sent to me....
Anyway, I just forwarded it to the list and thus it should show up
shortly. The subject is "[lsb-discuss] user naming proposal"

Later,
Robert

- --
Tech Lead