[lsb-discuss] Support for ppc64le

Jeff Licquia licquia at linuxfoundation.org
Thu May 7 17:34:40 UTC 2015

On 05/07/2015 10:04 AM, Mats Wichmann wrote:
> On 05/07/15 03:58, Kalpana Shetty wrote:
>>
>> Can someone comment on effort require to make LSB up/running on ppc64le
>> based on their experience with   ppc64   or any other arch.
>
> We do know the steps, but there hasn't been an architecture added for a
> very long time (2004) and there has been a lot of change in tooling,
> availability of experienced advisors, and more so it's really hard to
> translate to any kind of time estimate.

I'll also point out that, post-5.0, we're hoping to refactor these
processes to a great degree.  What that will look like is still a bit up
in the air.  Thus, it's likely that any estimate we'd make for today's
tools wouldn't apply to the future toolset.
--
Jeff Licquia
The Linux Foundation
licquia at linuxfoundation.org

Linux Foundation Events Schedule:  events.linuxfoundation.org