[lsb-discuss] Support for ppc64le

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Tue May 19 19:21:04 UTC 2015

On 04/30/15 03:42, sudeesh wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Apologies if this has been asked before here or elsewhere. Is LSB
> supported on ppc64le ? If not, any plan to port to ppc64le ?

let me add another question here.  the powerpc64 ABI
("64-bit PowerPC ELF Application Binary Interface Supplement") is parked
at Linux Foundation, although there have been no updates to it for a
decade. It does already call out the support for both big-endian and
little-endian ABIs ("An implementation must state which type of byte
ordering it supports") but I'm wondering if there are any other changes
that might be needed in this area?

The specification is here:
http://refspecs.linuxbase.org/ELF/ppc64/PPC-elf64abi-1.9.pdf
although oddly there don't seem to be any links to it on the refspecs
main page, which is a problem we should correct.