[lsb-discuss] Using LSB 3.1 or 4.0 shared libraries in an LSB 5.0 link?

Dallman, John john.dallman at siemens.com
Mon Apr 25 14:15:36 UTC 2016

Mats wrote:

> > So lsbcc is putting in the -lc -lc_nonshared, even if I don't do so myself.
> you may have found a bug.
>
> I see the same effect... building a shared library directly with ld, instead
> of through lsbcc, does not "bind" these symbol versions.

I've always understood that the right way to build shared libraries was with the compiler, because it can make sure you have all the needed run-times - this is really important for C++ on some platforms. For the present, I think we can simply keep everything at LSB 4.1 or below, and coordinate the transition to LSB 5.0 at a later time. However, if a fix to lsbcc can make that easier, I won't complain.

--
John Dallman