[lsb-discuss] Bug in LSB 5.0 SDK, I think

Dallman, John john.dallman at siemens.com
Tue Feb 20 14:11:20 UTC 2018

/opt/lsb/lib64-5.0/libgcc_s.so.1 does not provide __gcc_personality_v0, which is causing all my attempts to link the product I work on with LSBCC to fail. The product is written in a domain-specific language which generates C code, using it as a kind of high-level assembly language.

This symbol is present in the system libgcc_s.so on this CentOS 7.2 system:

$ readelf -sW /usr/lib64/libgcc_s-4.8.5-20150702.so.1 | grep gcc_personality
   163: 0000000000011e20   620 FUNC    GLOBAL DEFAULT   12 __gcc_personality_v0@@GCC_3.3.1

Note that this is __gcc_personality_v0, for C code, not __g++_personality_v0 which is for C++ code.

References to __gcc_personality_v0 are only emitted in .o files when one compiles C code with the -fexceptions option, to allow C++ exceptions to be thrown through C stack frames. That's presumably how this sneaked through testing.

I have lsb-sdk-5.0.0-3.x86_64.tar.gz, which seems to be the latest available. Any chance of a fix? Is there a way for me to fix it myself?

Thanks,

--
John Dallman