[Lsb-infrastructure] Private elements in Qt to possibly withdrawfrom LSB

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Thu Nov 22 06:22:25 PST 2007

> Mats, Jeff, what is the procedure for removing such "wrong"
> interfaces from
> the standard? May we just remove them by a "bug fix" or we should
> still follow the deprecation cycle?

I insisted on a little bit of flexibility when the
new deprecation policy was discussed.  If something is
in the spec clearly in error it can be removed more
rapidly, if we can make the case it doesn't impact
anyone already certified.  I was strongly tempted to
just remove matherr under this scheme, but with the
new BinOnly setting, I'm resisting getting rid of it
completely until 4.0.  Which case do you think would
be more correct here - remove instantly or deprecate
for just one cycle?

We need a bug for this one.