[Lsb-infrastructure] alsa: version?

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Tue Nov 27 07:18:33 PST 2007

>> Or maybe it's something that didn't have to be included...
>>
>> Seems like pcm_rate.h is used (in LSB) only to define
>> the snd_pcm_rate_ops_t type (and underlying struct);
>> this is only used for snd_pcm_rate_open which is not
>> included in LSB at this time.
>>

>Well, maybe this is reasonable.
>
>The thing is that alsa is quite old on SLES 10 (1.0.11, as you
>mentioned). RHEL 5 has alsa 1.0.12 and 'alsa/pcm_rate.h' is
>present there.
>
>Unfortunately we can't say which headers are present on all modern
>systems like it is done for interfaces when deciding which ones to
>include...

I don't think we should base too much on headers present
in distros.  Looking at pcm_rate.h however, it seems we
only define this one thing (upstream has several more),
and it ended up not being used in this version.
I see by the function whose prototype uses this that
it got fully imported (entry in ArchInt and in Parameter)
and was marked a 3.2 candidate, but got left out at the end.