[Lsb-infrastructure] strangeness in Qt3 spec generation

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Tue Nov 27 17:14:40 PST 2007

This is confusing.

With the changes to Qt3 (bug 1786), I needed to generate
the base spec pieces so I can see if the books saw a
change.

In the architecture-specific directories (but not in
the generic), the specification for qt-mt has dropped
out of the build.

This is the relevant bit of sql from mklibspec,
with values filled in:

SELECT DISTINCT Sname,Sid FROM Standard
LEFT JOIN Interface ON Sid=Istandard
LEFT JOIN LGInt ON LGIint=Iid
LEFT JOIN LibGroup ON LGid=LGIlibg
LEFT JOIN ArchInt ON AIint=Iid
WHERE LGlib=262
AND ( (AIappearedin <= '3.2' and AIappearedin<>'')
AND (AIwithdrawnin IS NULL OR AIwithdrawnin >'3.2') )
AND AIarch=2
ORDER BY Sname;

I can vary the AIarch from 2 to 11 to ...
and it reports back just CXXABI. Change it to 1,
and I get back CXXABI and qt-mt.

The CXXABI is new, but seems to be correct:
typeinfo entries (at least) are now credited
to CXXABI so it should be generated as a governing
standard.  But where did qt-mt go to?

(and should there be a different algorithm for a
c++ library, as a separate question?)