[Lsb-infrastructure] Dev box info

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Fri Apr 4 09:31:23 PDT 2008

David Ames wrote:
> Here is the much delayed development box information. This includes
> information about the disks and free space.
>
> https://www.linux-foundation.org/en/LF:IT/Development_Systems
>

> Recommendations:
>
> lfdev-amd64: Add another SCSI disk to the second bay or add two at
> 300+ GB
>
> lfdev-ia32: If the 50+ GB is not enough we can replace the drives
> with 300+ GB drives
>
> lfdev-ia64: It appears the full 73 GB sdb drive is not in use. I
> suggest after a backup we format this drive and use it for data space.
>
> lfdev-power64: If the 164 GB of space is not enough we can order a
> SATA drive and put it in the second bay.

12-15 gig is enough for a builder; a tester should require
somewhat less.  But if we count on 15 gig per appliance/chroot,
73 gig should hold 4 or 5, which is plenty for now.

so I'd say we want to update lfdev-amd64 with another disk and
AT LEAST 1gb more ram (it might not go higher, pc-class machines
are funky that way if that's what this is), and lfdev-ia32 with
a bigger second drive if it's not too much trouble to do that.
the others seem like they should be okay for now.