[Lsb-infrastructure] Dev box info

Michael Schultheiss schultmc at circlecitylinux.com
Sat Apr 5 08:08:13 PDT 2008

Wichmann, Mats D wrote:
> 12-15 gig is enough for a builder; a tester should require
> somewhat less.  But if we count on 15 gig per appliance/chroot,
> 73 gig should hold 4 or 5, which is plenty for now.

That's my estimate as well.  The current sles10 chroot on amd64 is
about 14GB.  4-5 chroots would definitely allow us to ease the problems
of performing conflicting builds/tests in the same environment.

> so I'd say we want to update lfdev-amd64 with another disk and
> AT LEAST 1gb more ram (it might not go higher, pc-class machines
> are funky that way if that's what this is)

Are these server class or workstation class machines?  If server class,
an amd64 machine should support 8-32GB of RAM maximum I would think.  It
would probably be helpful to have the machine models in the chart as
well, if applicable/available.

--
Michael Schultheiss
E-mail: schultmc at circlecitylinux.com