[Lsb-infrastructure] new multi-version headers, Istandard, others

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Mon Apr 14 06:45:08 PDT 2008

>> If any major
>> mucking with the stub_libs scripts happens, is it
>> possible to look at partial rebuilding, i.e. if I
>> know I've made a change that only goes to libc, and
>> I remove the libc stubs, could it regen just those
>> based on missing targets?  Right now it's a broad
>> stroke: you rebuild and it builds everything for
>> every architecture, which has goten very slow; if
>> we were to update this so it built everything for
>> every architecture x 4 LSB versions, that would be
>> unbearably slow for a developer (an overnight
>> nightly autogen is a different story, but we can't
>> wait for that if we're checking something specific
>> as part of a review before committing a change).
>>
> Yes, some work is required here. Actually, I don't see (at a first
> glance) a reason for mkstublibs to work slow. So I'll check if it can
> be accelerated, too.

Thanks - that was impressive.

With the speedup just achieved, I don't see much reason
any more to worry about the "partial rebuild" question.
You can see why 7arch x 9minutes (on my "fast" machine) was
a concern when we look at multiplying by four or more
lsbversions; 4 lsbversions x <2minutes is not a big worry.