[Lsb-infrastructure] multi-version mkfilelists; headers/getheaderlist

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Tue Apr 15 07:50:08 PDT 2008

in building headers I found that headers/getheaderlist
also referenced Hsrconly, which has disappeared.

I just removed that line from the query - was that
the right step or did more need to be done to this
simple script?

build_env/mkfilelists is of a different generation
than the other scripts; it's used to make lists that
will be used at packaging time.  there's a pair
of lists generated into headers, and a pair of lists
generated into stub_libs - one each for core and
desktop.

it seems to me that this script is going to need
some work.  on the header side, if we have this
versioning inline in the headers I guess it's not
very much an issue that new headers have appeared
over time, so there are many headers that were not
in 3.0, some added between 3.1 and 3.2, etc.

but the list of stub libraries will need to be
different per version, once the scheme is settled
for providing these.

the script was written before the move of lsb-graphics
into lsb-desktop happened, so you'll see the presence
of it in core_modules instead of desktop_modules. I'm
inclined to move it and the associated header fiddling
(core_headers_add, core_headers_remove) over to the
desktop module although this would create the anomaly
for LSB 3.0.