[Lsb-infrastructure] multi-version mkfilelists; headers/getheaderlist

Denis Silakov silakov at ispras.ru
Tue Apr 15 08:01:21 PDT 2008

Wichmann, Mats D wrote:
> in building headers I found that headers/getheaderlist
> also referenced Hsrconly, which has disappeared.
>
> I just removed that line from the query - was that
> the right step or did more need to be done to this
> simple script?

Yes, Hsrconly check should be dropped. From my point of view,
getheaderlist can be simplified even more to generate list of header
included in any LSB >=3.0 - I have attached appropriate patch to bug 2036.
> build_env/mkfilelists is of a different generation
> than the other scripts; it's used to make lists that
> will be used at packaging time.  there's a pair
> of lists generated into headers, and a pair of lists
> generated into stub_libs - one each for core and
> desktop.
>
> it seems to me that this script is going to need
> some work.  on the header side, if we have this
> versioning inline in the headers I guess it's not
> very much an issue that new headers have appeared
> over time, so there are many headers that were not
> in 3.0, some added between 3.1 and 3.2, etc.
> but the list of stub libraries will need to be
> different per version, once the scheme is settled
> for providing these.
>
> the script was written before the move of lsb-graphics
> into lsb-desktop happened, so you'll see the presence
> of it in core_modules instead of desktop_modules. I'm
> inclined to move it and the associated header fiddling
> (core_headers_add, core_headers_remove) over to the
> desktop module although this would create the anomaly
> for LSB 3.0.

Indeed, this script should be reworked. Theoretically, we may even track
submodules migration among modules - the database supports it now.

--
Regards,
Denis.