[Lsb-infrastructure] Ilibrary field

Denis Silakov silakov at ispras.ru
Tue Apr 15 22:51:28 PDT 2008

Wichmann, Mats D wrote:
> Should there be Interface entries that don't have a
> value for Ilibrary?  My understanding is that Ilibrary
> represents the library where an interface is found
> and so there should always be one. Of course that's
> different from being assigned to an LSB library in
> LGInt, the latter would only happen if the interface
> were included.

That's right. However, the Ilibrary field was set automatically on the
basis of the LGInt table, so most of excluded symbols have empty Ilibrary.

This field is actually used by Navigator to build RawInterface <->
Interface mapping when calculating different statistics. Another area
where Ilibrary is used is Interface attributes - the InterfaceAttribute
table has <Iname, Ilibrary> as a key.

Thus, empty Ilibrary is not very harmful for excluded interfaces without
attributes. Nevertheless, I think it would be useful to set it properly.

--
Regards,
Denis.