[Lsb-infrastructure] First look at April 18 updates

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Mon Apr 21 07:00:07 PDT 2008

Denis Silakov wrote:
> Stew Benedict wrote:
>> In file included from /tmp/chd.ss.c:1:
>> /opt/lsb/include/stdio.h:95: error: expected identifier or ( before
>> / token
>>
>> /opt/lsb/include/stdio.h:95:
>> // Function prototypes
>>
>> "log" file is results/install.0001
>>
>> So I either need to get the core test build to accept the "//" style
>> comments or we need to change the headers.
>>

> Are there any reasons to build tests in old-fashioned style?

I hope not, but it's quite possible: the core test is *VERY*
old code, as is the heritage of xts5 (although the test itself
is somewhat newer).  I believe we'll find there are still
code constructs using pre-ANSI/ISO C in both.  I know xts5 doesn't
have "real" prototypes because the X team was afraid adopting
this would shut the code out of some platforms (I've gotten the
go-ahead to submit patches in this area if any are needed).

I don't know where various introductions intersect and where
we'll run into problems, if any.  But it is possible there
will be some.