[Lsb-infrastructure] Console errors on ATK start up

Konstantin Vlasov vlasov at ispras.ru
Thu Apr 24 02:18:53 PDT 2008

CE>I am using the ATK on a sample program which I copied from Darren's paper.
CE>I am getting start up errors displayed. I have attached the errors to the is e-mail.

CE> kbuildsycoca running...
CE> Launched ok, pid = 28714
CE> bilbo:/home/cal # sh: jackd: command not found
CE> akode: Guessed format: xiph
CE> KNotify::playTimeout
CE> ...etc.

These  are  probably  messages  from  the  web-browser  started by the script. I
suppose, it would be better to suppress them in the next ATK version...

CE> Can't open file with LSB interfaces (./Int_3.1_x86_64) at ./merge.pl line 110.
CE> Can't open file with LSB interfaces (./Int_3.2_x86_64) at ./merge.pl line 110.

These  two  messages  indicate  a  problem  in  ATK:  one  script  expects  the
architecture    name  "x86-64",  but  another  script  passes  it  as  "x86_64"
(underscore  instead  of  hyphen),  so, the merge.pl script cannot find the file
Int_3.1_x86_64 - there is Int_3.1_x86-64 instead.

BTW,  the  merge.pl  script and these Int* and Libs* files do not affect testing
itself,  they  are used for application analysis stage only, that's why the test
itself produced the results.

This  problem  with  different arch names is known and has been fixed in the ATK
Manager version 1.4.0 which is available at
http://ispras.linux-foundation.org/index.php/LSB_ATK_Manager_Releases

You  need  the  x86-64  package  as  your  system is 64-bit (as specified in the
journal you sent).

--
Konstantin Vlasov

Linux Verification Center, ISPRAS