[Lsb-infrastructure] duplicate types

Denis Silakov silakov at ispras.ru
Tue Sep 2 06:30:57 PDT 2008

Wichmann, Mats D wrote:
> By the way, in the latest patch I see:
>
> When I was digging earlier it seemed there were several
> X11 types that had been duplicated, usually one with
> quite a low number presumably from the original import,
> and one with a 6-digit id which means it was fairly recent.
> I didn't save those, but a little bit of sql seems to turn
> up a fair number of these. I know Qt is a special case,
> but maybe this is worth a little look - here's what I
> tried out (not very elegant, but...):
>
> SELECT t1.Tid, t2.Tid, t1.Tname
> FROM Type t1, Type t2
> WHERE t1.Tid < t2.Tid
> AND t1.Tname = t2.Tname
> AND t1.Ttype = t2.Ttype;

Well, I think check for qt lib can help to eliminate a lot of records:

SELECT t1.Tid, t2.Tid, t1.Tname
FROM Type t1, Type t2
WHERE t1.Tid < t2.Tid
AND t1.Tname = t2.Tname
AND t1.Ttype = t2.Ttype
AND t1.Tlibrary not like 'libqt%';

As far as I can say, it's not hard to write a script which will
eliminate most of these extra records (since at least for X11 headers we
usually have one record with Theadgroup = 0 and the second one with
Theadgroup > 0).

However, these duplicates don't do any harm at the moment, so I'd
postpone them for a little.

--
Regards,
Denis.