[Lsb-infrastructure] navigator dispay when multiple IntStd entries

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Fri Sep 12 06:30:11 PDT 2008

Apologies if I've written about this before, somehow
I thought I might have.

Yesterday, when pointing out the changing standards
for a gtk function - gtk_toolbar_set_tips was the
example, but it applies to all of them since we
point to a new reference standard - a couple of
people noted the display is slightly odd:

LSB Versions     Main Description
3.1-4.0          Gtk 2.6.2 Reference Manual
4.0-now          Gtk 2.8

I think the complaint was that the withdrawn version
should not show for the withdrawn standard, unless
we find some symbology that makes it clear.  We can't
really write it as "3.1 <= LSBver < 4.0", that would
look quite silly.  The "problem" is that we have
"first LSB version this does not appear in" rather
than "last LSB version this does appear in" and for
the above display the latter would be nicer.  Of course
we know what LSB versions have been released so it
can easily be computed but that seems extra work.

Okay enough words spent on a small matter. I don't think
this is worth filing a bug on, just something to think
about if there are ideas for a cleaner display.