[Lsb-infrastructure] Navigator not forming some paths right

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Thu Sep 25 07:05:53 PDT 2008

Wichmann, Mats D wrote:
> If you browse to interface gtk_toolbar_get_tips,
> its clear that the LSB Versions situation is correct now.
> However, if you hover over the link for the Main Description
> for the 4.0-now entry, you see:
>
> http://refspecs.linux-foundation.org/LSB_3.2.0/GtkToolbar.html#id3311203
>

> This is incorrect on several levels:
>
> - it doesn't make sense to point to a 3.2 spec for something
>   that only began with 4.0
> - of course 4.0 is not yet in refspecs so not sure how we
>   would handle that
> - the path is incomplete, as it certainly should contain
>   LSB-Desktop-generic/LSB-Desktop-generic
> - we don't have a GtkToolbar page at all; the specific page for
>   this interface has not been committed to lsbspec or booksets yet
>
> This situation makes me realize that we actually have a bit of
> an issue with the representation of the LSB spec itself.  We
> have now versioned the other specs, but LSB is always just "LSB"
> and refers to all versions.  For a version-ranged reference,
> I guess we'd need to figure out how to refer to the earliest
> version that contains this information?  But then, what about
> spec sections that have received corrections in subsequent
> LSB releases?

Sent a little too early, sorry.

The main question was: is this mainly just a data problem?
I can imagine that if I added these entries - which I think I
did - that I was careless in copying something else and got
the URL badly wrong.  Assuming this may have happened elsewhere,
how do we validate and correct the URLs?