[Lsb-infrastructure] checking clutter requirements

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Wed Jan 6 06:56:36 PST 2010

Denis Silakov wrote:
> Required glib, cairo and pango versions are actually quite acceptable
> for LSB. The only problem at the moment is RHEL 5*, where GTK+
> stack wasn't subjected to significant uplifts since the RHEL 5 itself
> was released. Though such an uplift will very likely happen in RHEL 6.
>
> As for other distros, all modern systems (even Debian 5.0) meet
> glib/cairo/pango requirements.

Hmm, that's better than I thought.

I don't believe RHEL5 is a realistic target for the next major LSB
version, whether or not it is for something called 4.1 is a
question I've been trying to force some sort of answer on, but with
no luck so far.

So it seems the biggest impediment beyond that question is
OPenGL version plus the addons like SDL.