[Lvfs-announce] New shell for the LVFS

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 13:05:25 UTC 2019

Hi all,

As the LVFS grows we've gone from dozens of firmware files, to
thousands and I'm expecting that number to grow to tens of thousands
of files before the year is finished. As such, the UI was starting to
starting to feel bloated and busy, and some pages were taking tens of
seconds to load. To fix this, and to allow us to grow further, I've
just merged and deployed a new shell for the LVFS. The UX is broadly
similar, but notable changes are:

* A landing page that is interactive and visually more engaging

* The addition of a dashboard page which is used for logged in OEM
users to quickly see what's happening to firmware they are responsible
for

* The addition of filtered firmware views, along with an internal
search functionality

* Many panels have been split up into easy-to-understand sections

* Many improvements when using mobile devices and older browsers

If anyone finds a page where the rendering is broken or buttons don't
do the expected action then please let me know and I'll fix it up
straight away.

Richard.