[Lvfs-announce] New LVFS version being deployed today

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 08:18:37 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I'm deploying a new LVFS version today so there might be a few minutes
downtime getting everything set up. The new version primarily consists
of changes making the LVFS easier to deploy and making it more
maintainable going forward.
If any uploads fail or anyone notices any weirdness please let me know
offlist and I'll fix it up right away. All the CI tests pass so I'm
fairly confident it should be utterly transparent.

As a reminder to everyone, in the next few months we'll be:

* Requiring a <category> value for all firmware:
https://www.fwupd.org/lvfs/docs/metainfo/category
* Requiring an LVFS::UpdateProtocol value for all firmware:
https://www.fwupd.org/lvfs/docs/metainfo/protocol
* Banning including words like "Device Update" and "System Update" in
the <name> -- these are already added by the LVFS automatically using
the category

If anyone has any questions please just email me for more details.

Richard.