[Openais] Re: A bug for AMF

Miyotaka Sakai sakai.miyotaka at nttcom.co.jp
Mon Oct 4 09:00:15 PDT 2004

Steve,

my responses inline .

Steven Dake wrote:
> Miyotaka-san
> comments inline
>
> On Sat, 2004-10-02 at 13:27, Miyotaka Sakai wrote:
>
>>steve,
>>
>>I've found a bug for AMF and made a patch .
>>I would like you to review this patch .
>>
>>Several gmi_mcast messages couldn't be delivered .
>>I changed gmi_mcast's message priorty from GMI_PRIO_HIGH to
>>GMI_PRIO_RECOVERY ,then messages could be deliverd .
>>
>>If you have another idea, Please tel me.
>>
>>This patch add several mechanisms to ease to debug .
>>( a mechanism is watching AmfComponent contents )
>>

> The changing of priorities needs a different solution...  I think I
> messed this up for you when I added the recovery plug.  Could you fix it
> up?
I am sure. I will.

> The way it should work is this:
> messages sent during recovery (within the amf_confchg_fn function and
> all the other messages related to them) should be sent at recovery
> priority.  messages sent during normal operation should retain their
> current priorities.  Since the state machine must now (with the recovery
> plug) send messages at two different priorities depending on what state
> the system is in, we need to keep track of the priorities.  It is
> possible for the state machine to know the priority at which it should
> send messages by placing the priority in the first message that starts
> the state transitions.  Then every message that triggers a new message
> to be sent should encode the priority of the message to the next state.
> If you need more details please ask.
OK.
I know what you mean .
For exsample ,haStateSetCluster relating amf_confchg_fn uses
GMI_PRIO_RECOVERY ,but others use GMI_PRIO_HIGH.
It is possible ,and I 'll fix it .

> It is possible that the output queues used in gmi_mcast are full.  In
> this case, it is necessary to use gmi_token_callback_create.  Mark
> Haverkamp has implemented this in the event service if you need an
> example of using it.  This callback will be called the next time it may
> be possible to send messages.  The callback should then resend the state
> machine message that failed to send on an earlier try.

I refered to Mark's implementation and ,I understaned this
implementation. Please take some time to implement this .

> Why the signal stuff in main.c?

I want to konw AmfComponents cotents at the time when I want to know .
( I don't know when I want to know AmfComponents contens.
   It is different in each debug situation. )
In that case ,Most easy inmplementation is signal .
If you have ,Could you tell me another idea ?

> The added debug output looks fine.  Please try to use log_printf instead
> of printf though.  Could you check in just the debug output as a
> seperate commit after addressing the comment above?

I'll change printf into log_print.

Thanks
- Miyotaka Sakai.