[Openais] aisexec causing significant idle load

Steven Dake sdake at mvista.com
Fri Oct 15 11:34:26 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-14 at 23:10, Janne Karhunen wrote:
> On Friday 15 October 2004 03:44, Steven Dake wrote:
>
> > Do you have any comments on what kind of load you were placing on the
> > system?
>
> There was none. It was running idle over a weekend.
>

> > Ie were you running any test applications during this
> > period?
>
> Nope, it was just running idle.
>

> > Or did you start the daemons and then leave it alone without
> > running any test applications?
>
> Yes - it was the first thing i tested with it.
>
> Actually i already tried attaching profiler ( valgrind )
> to it with moderate success. Simulation went fine, but VG
> refused to give me any results without bothering to explain
> why. Anyway, VG team already supplied a patch for this, and
> i'll test it as soon as i can.

I often use valgrind to find memory errors.  What command line option is
used to profile?

In the past I have run profiler gprof and found that about 80% of the
time is spent in encryption and authentication mechanisms during loaded
operation.

I'm very curious to find out what idle load could cause the cpu usage to
double or more..

Regards
-steve