[Openais] Misc Corrections

Steven Dake sdake at mvista.com
Wed Oct 27 15:34:25 PDT 2004

Daniel,

It looks like you know more about bk then I do :)

You ask an excellent question...

I propose we formalize your suggestion for submitting patches:

1. Developers create diff -uNr against some baseline so it may be
reviewed on the mailing list.

2. Comments are resolved until final diff is approved.

3. Once final diff is approved, bk sendpatch is used to send a patch to
the mailing list.

4. Patch creater requests this patch is the final patch to be applied
and matches the diffs.

5. Maintainer of service (or me) applies patches.  Any merge problems
that cannot be resolved may require patch creator's involvement.

All changes even by maintainers should be posted on the mailing list.
If there are issues with the changes they will either not be applied or
a bug can be opened to resolve the remaining issues later. (we have done
something like this for logging which isn't quite complete, but its much
better now to have something then to be perfect).

I'd also like to see bugs filed in bugzilla so we can track what kinds
of issues we have had and provide some history for outside viewers of
our progress beyond changelogs.  But this is not an absolute
requirement, just a nice to do.

Thanks
-steve