[Openais] vim tabstop

Mark Haverkamp markh at osdl.org
Thu Oct 28 07:53:22 PDT 2004

I you remember back a while ago we were discussing how to get vim to
automatically set the tabstop/shiftwidth to 4 for the openais coding
style.  I ran across a program today that had this line in it:

	vi: set autoindent tabstop=4 shiftwidth=4 :

I did some experimenting and It looks like it needs to be the first
thing in the file in a comment block.

I tried this:

/* vi: set autoindent tabstop=4 shiftwidth=4 :
 * Copyright (c) 2003-2004 MontaVista Software, Inc.
 *
 * All rights reserved.

and this:
/*
 vi: set autoindent tabstop=4 shiftwidth=4 :

 * Copyright (c) 2003-2004 MontaVista Software, Inc.
 *
 * All rights reserved.

But if it goes later it doesn't seem to work.  Anyway, for those of us
that usually use tabstop=8 this would be nice to have in the source
files.

Mark.

--
Mark Haverkamp <markh at osdl.org>