[Openais] Re: evt patch for channel open async

Mark Haverkamp markh at osdl.org
Tue Feb 8 07:36:39 PST 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-07 at 18:45 -0700, Steven Dake wrote:
> patch looks good
>
> one comment
>
> the time conversion done with the divide is somewhat of a magic number
> (search for 10000).˙  Think you could describe it or give a descriptive
> functional name?

OK, I'll fix mine if you fix yours in ckpt.c, clm.c tlist.c, and
util.c :-)

> We may have discussed this before but I can't remember.  It looks as
> though the library handler for event is opening up the channel.  Is this
> open ordered through totem?  Did you fix the races (or did you decide
> there were none) with this?  I can't remember..  While not critical, I'd
> like to track this if its still a remaining issue to be solved after our
> initial release.

Yes, I fixed that a long time ago. The library coordinates the opening
of the channel with the exec side. The exec side sends an open mcast
which everyone receives so that all nodes have a notion of how many
opens there are for a given channel.  When the originator processes the
open mcast it also completes the open operation by sending the status to
the library instance that made the request.

Mark.

--
Mark Haverkamp <markh at osdl.org>