[Openais] Event Channel Open

Steven Dake sdake at mvista.com
Tue Jul 19 12:25:55 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-19 at 20:20 +0530, Arunachalam wrote:

> Sir,
>

> In the latest code of openais (Implementation of SAF B 01 Spec), the
> input time-out value for Synchronous EVENT Channel Open, if given less
> than 1000000(1 millisecond  (as specified in /include/ais_types.h)),
> gives TIMEOUT Error flag. If I give >=1000000, the API successfully
> returns.

The timer code can only handle timers of 1msec granularity.  This is
somewhat unfortunate but a limitation of the poll system call (man poll
check for the timeout minimum value).

This timeout you specify is basically expiring before the operation
completes returning timeout as expected and required by the
specification.