[Openais] lcr take 4 - seperate executive messages by service id and message id

Steven Dake scd at broked.org
Mon Jan 16 01:17:18 PST 2006

Had to take a break for 24 - good show :)

This patch includes all previous lcr work plus now separates the
delivery of executive messages by service id and message id.  This
allows us to not have to maintain one list of executive handler
functions, but instead allows each service to have its own list of
executive message handler functions.  I also added a function which adds
the service handler to the system (instead of statically declaring
them).

The next step before applying lcr to each of the service handlers is to
rework the sync interfaces so they can be registered individually for
each service handler.  This contrasts to the current static method which
wont work for dynamic service handlers.

We will also have to rework the ais_ci private data structure to be
dynamically allocated at service instantiation time - if anyone wants to
take this on, let me know.

Then we will be ready to apply lcr to dynamically load service handlers
at start time.

The end goal of all this work is to allow developers to dynamically
create high availability services which integrate into the openais
executive without having to commit their services to our codebase.

Then we will work on actual replacement of components during operation.

Regards
-steve